I’ve got so many topics queued up in my blog to-write roll; here’s a little self-involved breather.
- It’s (almost) Valentine’s Day! And as such, I’m going out with some college friends for a Valentine’s Eve dinner of some sort. However, it’s also Ash Wednesday, so I had to opt out of some bonding activities (i.e. going to mass). I’m still waiting for their session to end, then I’ll meet up with them.
- My academic life is as it ever was. Repetitive, improving, and yet somehow fulfilling. I’ve got a quiz tomorrow (as usual), but because of the grace of god our only class tomorrow is from 1 pm to 3 pm.
- The rest of the day is devoted to some sort of Alternative Learning fair. UP System wide, and also club-oriented (I think). I am kind of excited about it, as I really need to work on my extracurriculars soon.
- I swam two full laps of american crawl earlier; I think that’s the first time I’ve ever actually done it! But quite hopelessly I am 18 laps away from the ideal (though my practicals in swimming are in the range of 1.25, so I am still happy).
- Since Ate Risa –our awesome housemaid who’s been with us for around 19 years– doesn’t really read this blog, I can write about some good news… We’re going to Hong Kong this summer, with her! I don’t suppose I wrote about it before, but I was with Ate Risa when she applied for her passport just last year. I am excited about it, haha.
I can’t really think of anything else I’d like to write about for the mean time. When I next blog –which is hopefully soon — I’ll have essays and opinions and briefers on Philippine debate, life, issues on women and church, anecdotes on my fledgling swimming career and my DLSU moments, a critique of our Psych 10 module, and an update on my 8+ movies to watch and 2+ tv show seasons to explore.
Update 5 hours later. This is what happened: (it was fun and expensive, yay!)