It’s fancy because it has the word “french” in it.
Introduction: The French Toast
Who doesn’t love eggy bread? This hot yet simple dish served with anything or nothing is an easy hit. It’s one of my favorite cheap options from the local Starbucks.
It is also not exactly French. It might even be Roman.
Ingredients for Basic French Toast
French toast can be an art, but it can also just be whatever’s in your pantry.
This is my basic french toast recipe:
- 8 pieces of sliced bread (nice and even to feed 4 people)
- 3 medium eggs
- Around 2/3 cup of fresh milk
- Salt to taste
I added some mozzarella cheese for flavor, and served the toast with hotdog on the side. I also toasted some garlic because you can never go wrong with toasted garlic. You can make your version sweeter with 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or vanilla extract.
Basic French Toast Recipe
French toast is lazy for several reasons: it barely takes any time, you only need to wash one skillet, and it’s great if you can’t be bothered to throw out stale bread.
It’s also super impressive! Strangers from the kitchen might even think you put in some actual effort.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Beat together egg, milk, salt and desired spices.
- Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure it’s well-soaked.
- Place each slice on a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some garnish or butter. Enjoy!
I’ve been making breakfast (or snacks) every other day or so during this quarantine period. I’m sure everyone can relate.
Until next time!
Your resident kitchen gremlin ❤️